ASCIIGenome is a command-line genome browser running from terminal window and solely based on ASCII characters. Since ASCIIGenome does not require a graphical interface it is particularly useful for quickly visualizing genomic data on remote servers. The idea is to make ASCIIGenome the Vim of genome viewers.
Some key features:
- Command line input and interaction, no graphical interface, minimal installation.
- Can load multiple files in various formats.
- Can access remote files via URL or ftp address.
- Easy navigation and searching of features and sequence motifs and filtering options.
- Support for BS-Seq alignment.
Feel free to send any comment, bug, or issues to one or more of the following:
How to cite¶
If you happen to find ASCIIGenome useful and you would like to acknowledge it, please quote the GitHub repository (https://github.com/dariober/ASCIIGenome/).
An article describing ASCIIGenome has been published in Bioinformatics .